ShowFab is looking for organized and highly motivated Lead Carpenters to shepherd projects through the production process.
- Attending pre-production meetings with Project Management and Technical Design to determine the best technical approach.
- Attend production meetings to review progress, schedules and budgets.
- Review Technical drawings upon release for production.
- Review Bids to develop a plan of attack to ensure items deliver on budget.
- Receive and review PO’s to ensure all materials are in house and don’t cause delay.
- Supervise crews of between 5 and 15 craftspeople and delegate responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Work together with the assistant project lead to divide the scope and introduce redundancy if the project’s scale necessitates it.
- Perform quality control to ensure units are of proper fit and finish.
- Coordinate with department heads to ensure efficient movement of units per project schedule.
- Facilitate the assembly of units/sets to ensure a successful site installation.
- Prepare units for shipping to site and communicate shipping needs to warehouse team to ensure items arrive onsite
- Work with the PM Coordinator and Warehouse supervisor to ensure Bills of Lading are generated and complete.
- Supervise the installation of units/sets on location as needed.
- Highly Motivated, Reliable, Ability to work under pressure, Great Communicator
- Familiarity with Theatrical Fabrication process and Materials
- MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe, AutoCad
- Highly experienced craftsperson with a multitude of disciplines across a variety of materials and techniques.
- From $35.00-48.00 per hour
- This is a union position that will work under a CBA with IATSE Local 21
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Annuity, Pension per CBA, Paid holidays, Paid Sick & Personal time, Vacation Bonus
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Lead Experience: 7-10 years (Required)
Work Location: In person